The 2011 sailing season welcomes the newest ship in Europe, Viking Prestige, building upon the standard set by the extraordinary Viking Legend that launched in 2009. Viking Prestige will carry 188 guests on some of our most popular itineraries. Each of these state-of-the-art vessels has two 340-square-foot suites and 97 staterooms, with French Balcony staterooms on the upper and middle decks and standard staterooms with picture windows on the main deck. With good deck height, Viking Prestige is similar to Viking Sun and Viking Helvetia, but has a slightly sleeker shape for ultimate flexibility. Best of all, Viking Prestige is a “green” ship, running on hybrid diesel-electric engines that produce 20% fewer emissions and reduced noise/vibration. Cutting-edge design, unmatched comfort and environmentally conscious—Viking Prestige has it all.
- 97 comfortable outside staterooms (2 suites, 67 French Balcony, 22 Standard, 6 singles)
- Sun deck with 360-degree views and shaded sitting area
- Observation lounge & bar with panoramic windows
- Restaurant with panoramic views
- Library & Onboard boutique
- Free shipwide wireless internet service
- Laundry service
- Ecologically friendly hybrid engines
Imagine 15 magical days along the Rhine, Main and Danube Rivers. From Holland’s windmill-studded tulip fields to Germany’s fairy tale castles, from the Main-Danube Canal to the vineyards of Austria’s Wachau Valley, this epic voyage offers a wealth of wonderful experiences. Guests who choose this voyage soon see why it is our most popular itinerary.